How can we prove God is real
How can we prove God is real?
How do we prove God is real? How do we prove anything is real? We use our common sense and we examine the world around us…
So, what does common sense tell us? Common sense seems to state that concept and design require an intelligent designer. It's simply cause and effect. You can't have design without a designer. It is a self-evident and universally recognized truth: the presence of design proves the existence of a designer.
So, moving from common sense to empirical investigation, what is it that we're looking for in the world around us? We're looking for evidence of biological design. Have we found evidence of biological design? Absolutely…
How can we prove God is real? The Five Ways
The ancient thinker and theologian, Thomas Aquinas, gave us “Five Ways” to prove God is real. He pointed to the existence of God through the following five arguments:
(1) the argument from motion (all things in motion need a mover, but there must be something unmoved that begins other things in motion; God is this Unmoved Mover);
(2) the cosmological argument (all effects must have causes, but there cannot be an infinite series of causes into the past; thus God is the first or Uncaused Cause);
(3) the argument from contingency (all things exist in dependence on something else, that is, contingent; therefore there must be something that is absolutely independent, that is, necessary; this necessary being is God);
(4) the argument from perfection (there appears to be an increasing degree of perfection among things; therefore there must be a being who is the height of perfection; this Being is God); and
(5) the teleological argument (the observable design in the world suggests that there must be an intelligent designer - God).1
Is there really proof that God Exists? Read More Now!